Christmas Parade SaturdayNovember 24, 2017
Prophetstown will be alive with Christmas spirit on Saturday as the 32nd annual Lighted Christmas Parade kicks off the holiday season. It is also Small Business Saturday, so several local businesses will have extended hours for holiday shopping.
A schedule of events:
3:00 - 5:00
- Santa and Mrs. Claus visit the fire station to see the kids.
4:00 - 6:00
- Main Street comes alive with multiple activities as the street will be closed to all traffic.
- Free Horse and carriage rides will be available in front of the lighted Christmas Trees next to Ann's Hair Salon.
- Thomas the Train will also be giving free rides near TC Mobile Pressure Wash.
- The local Masons will hold their annual chili supper at the fire station beginning at 4:00 and running until 7:00.
- Whimsy Pixie Paint will be doing free face painting at the Hanford-Schuneman Agency.
- Local vendors and organizations will be serving food and drinks
5:00 - 6:00
- PHS Choir members will be strolling Main Street singing songs of the season.
- A Live Nativity will be presented every 30 minutes beginning at 5:00 on the open lot next to Shaw's Marketplace. There will also be a performance after the parade.
- Love Light Tree Lighting Ceremony at Eclipse Square
- Meet and Greet with KWQC-TV 6 Meteorologist Eric Maitland, and News Anchors Bailey Deitz and Morgan Ottier next to Subway.
- 32nd Annual Lighted Christmas Parade sponsored by Hanford Schuneman Agency Begins
The weather is suppose to be perfect, so come out and enjoy all the activities.