Park District Adopts Budget09:33 AM April 25, 2018
The Prophetstown Park District Board of Commissioner adopted their budget for the fiscal year 2018-2019 during their April meeting. After a brief discussion the budget was passed unanimously.
Director Karyn Sommers-Buck Report:
- Swim lesson started 4/18 and will continue through May.
- Baseball/Softball “Opening/Picture Day" will be Friday, May 18th with Coach Pitch and Minor level teams playing.
- Streetscape and 5K will both take place on July 3rd, with painting to go on all day to accommodate parents who may have to work. the event will move back to Riverside Street between Park Street and Market Street.
- The director will look into costs to do advertising on radio or Aroundptown.com. This may prove beneficial to reaching potential new patrons and dissemination information on events and programs.
- Funky Munky Wrestling will have an event on Saturday, May 19th, in the district gym starting at 6:05 p.m.,
- Steam Summer program through U of I Extension Office will be return this summer starting in June,
- Kade Kovarik interested in having a shaved ice stand at home games during the summer ball season. We are working with PDRMA to make sure all proper paperwork done.
Members of the Prophetstown Park District and the PLT #3 School Board met recently to discuss the on-going issue of the school owned tennis courts and the park district's desire to expand. The school board is putting together a needs assessment to help determine the best course of action. The issue will be discussed again at the May school board meeting.
The Board of commissioners will meet again on Wednesday, May 16 at 7:00 p.m.