Renovation work is well underway at the location of the new bar and restaurant coming to Tampico.
Tampico Council Welcomes New Pub N Grub10:24 AM January 03, 2019
During their final meeting of 2018, Tampico Village officials welcomed a new business to their Main Street. Jared Strader will be opening The Break Room Pub n Grub at 122 South Main Street. Strader currently owns the Factory Pub n Grub In Sterling and said he hopes to have the bar side of the business open in February and begin serving food in April after an extensive renovation project. The village council approved a liquor license for the business during the meeting. You can check on the progress of the new business at The Break Room Pub n Grub on Facebook.
For the upcoming spring election current Mayor Kristine Hill was the only person to file paperwork for the position of Mayor. Three other citizens, Jim Coleman, Tammy Kendell, and Ryan DeBrock filed to run to fill the four commissioner seats. Mayor Hill will appoint someone to fill the fourth vacancy at the first organizational meeting in May according to Village Clerk Kathy Leathers.
In other business:
- The board also approved a contract with Court Money, which will allow citizens to pay their municipal bills online for a small fee. The service should begin in the next 60 days.
- Approved two payments of approximately $7,500 to the Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association for workmen’s compensation coverage.
- Approved the transfer of $15,000 from the water and sewer accounts to the general revenue fund. The transfer is needed due to declining tax revenues.
- Approved a tax levy for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. The levy will generate an additional $14,000 to the general fund and $65,000 to special designated funds that cannot be used for other purposes. Property owners will see on average an increase of less than $10 on their property bill.
- Approved the meeting schedule for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
The Council will meet only once in January due to the holidays. That meeting will occur on Tuesday, January 15 at 7 PM